- Depending on the robot type, absolute positioning
accuracy at the TCP ranges around twice the "multidirectional
is measured at the same TCP. As far as known, these are current top
accuracies. Maximum accuracy is reached also under varying loads.
- iSiOS compensates position-
and orientation errors. The user can adjust preferences between
position accuracy and orientation accuracy freely and can determine an
optimum balance for his application.
- Dimensions, weight, protection classification:
laser to be mounted on the robot: length 45 mm, diameter 11 mm, weight
9 - 32 grams depending on protection, Laser safety classification 2
according to IEC 60825-1.
stationary sensor dimensions: HxWxD in mm: 64 x 60 x 50 to 78 x 75 x
64, weight 390 to 960 grams depending on version.
- All components are highly robust (protection
classification up to IP 67) and withstand pressure above
- iSiOS calibrates robots
with all combinations of rotational and prismatic (linear) axes - from
extremely large scale gantry robots to SCARAs.
- All sensor surfaces consist of metal or highly robust
material without any lenses or sensitive optical equipment, etc. Extra
dirt-repellent protection is available for spray-painting applications,
- The system works under rough environment conditions
and guarantees safe function under adverse visibility conditions or in
case of obstructed, narrow workspaces. iSiOS
is used amongst others for the on-site recalibration of clean-room
robots without removing or displacing the robot.
- Due to its novel concept, measurements of large
distances or of very long prismatic joints or rails resp. of lengths up
to 100 m (as used in shipyards e.g.) yield a constant, high absolute
positioning accuracy of the
- Safe collision avoidance in automatic mode results
from direct import of obstacle specifications from the robot simulation
system or the CAD-CAM-System resp.
- Careful, sound development, solid mathematical
foundation as well as a focus on smooth handling in rough enivronments
and ease of
use guarantee operational success
- The pricing of the new technology is oriented towards
efficient use in all accuracy-critical workcells of automated
iSiOS is available for the
relevant robot brands and is adopted continuously to new types and
versions of robot control units.